Friday 29 April 2016

Busy Times

It has been a long time since I have updated my blog. We have been so busy that I have forgotten about the cancer in my leg to be honest. Since the constant radiotherapy sessions have finished there has not been much to report on in relation to the cancer.

I have had a pre-op and an MRI scan to check on the progress of the tumour, but have not heard back on that. I can tell the radiotherapy has reduced the size of the tumour just by the feel of my leg. The skin has also repaired itself nicely and I am nearly back to 100%. Just in time to have it sliced open.

I have my operation next Wednesday to remove the cancer and I have 100% confidence in Mr Yin to work his miracle. 

I must admit though, I am scared. The gap between the RT and the operation feels like a lifetime, so much so, that I have completely focussed my attentions elsewhere. Its hard not to with the arrival of Arlo Thomas Lynch into the family. He is such a placid and quiet little boy, unlike his big brother Alfie. 

I love our little family so much, there are so many positives to focus on that I have put aside the cancer subject for a while. As I am typing this though, and realising that the operation is only a few days away I am getting scared. Scared of what though? I am not scared of the operation, I am scared of how I will be afterwards. I really hope that they will remove the tumour without having to remove to much of "me" with it. 

Emma and I have also put the little house we live in up for sale. We need a bigger place, especially with little baby Arlo arriving. Moving house is the most stressful thing we do right? Nah.....I do not feel one bit stressed about anything in my life......cancer......selling a house.....no. I feel so much at peace with myself recently, its quite liberating. I do miss work though, I miss making a difference, I miss bringing money in, I miss feeling useful. 

Arlo, Alfie, Emma, the most beautiful things in my life will see me though this, and I appreciate every minute I have with them.......xxx

2 comments:

  1. Just read your blog, you have put your thoughts down really well, we think so much of you and your little family and want you to know that we are here to support or help. Joan and Bill xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you all on the arrival of Arlo, a blessing indeed. Good luck for your op, I'm sure all will go well.
    Carol :)

    ReplyDelete