Friday 12 February 2016

H20

It's been a pretty tough week this week. Emma, Alfie and I have all been feeling a bit under the weather with some kind of cold and brave little Alfie has also had to fight off the chickenpox. It's good though that he has seen it off at a young age and probably won't remember having it.

Emma is being really strong too, it must be so hard to deal with things so late in the pregnancy. She doesn't show it though and carries on with life as normal, such a wonderful mother to Alfie and soon to be Arlo.

On Wednesday the fatigue really got a grip of me. Just after lunch at work, I turned into a zombie. I couldn't move and just wanted to sleep. I could even summon the energy to get my laptop charger out of my bag and sat staring at a blank screen for what felt like hours. I finished work early to drive to the hospital for my treatment because I felt if I left it any longer I would be in no fit state to drive anywhere. I was also so dehydrated. I tend not to drink too much water, instead I rely on coffee to get me through most of the working day, so it was unlike me to stop at a petrol station for a couple of bottles of water. By the time I pulled up at the hospital I felt so much better, so being an hour and a half early I just sat in the car enjoying my water and slowly coming around.

After I finished my treatment for the day I told the nurse I was feeling so lethargic during the day, and she said "have you been drinking plenty of water?". So lesson learnt. Stay off the caffeine and plenty of H20. I'm actually enjoying the water now and feel more awake that I have knocked the caffeine on the head. I'm going to miss my coffee, but it's for the best.


Treatment number 7 tonight they are coming thick and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment