Tuesday 16 February 2016

Raising Sarcoma Awareness

Every so often, I find myself trawling through the internet for Sarcoma stories. I have just come across a story about a young man, Paul, who unfortunately passed away back in 2011 after losing his battle against the "forgotten cancer". 28 years old......that's no age and has brought me to the verge of tears.

His father, Francie, is doing a great job in raising awareness of Sarcoma with "Paul's Campaign" and is highlighting how important early diagnosis is for a successful outcome.

This article really indicates how rare a cancer this is. "A GP might only meet someone with a sarcoma once in their working lifetime." ........wow!

Sarcoma: Paul’s Campaign is aiming to raise awareness of the ‘forgotten cancer’

In another article, three bands in Glasgow are teaming up to form a supergroup to headline a 12 hour danceathon in aid of Sarcoma UK. They have lost two friends to the illness over the last couple of years and are raising awareness in a unique way. I just wish it was close enough to go long and show my support but Glasgow is a bit too far.

All Star Band headline 12-hour danceathon in aid of Sarcoma UK


I have always suffered with Psoriasis, mainly on my joints, and it tends to come and go throughout the year and has never really been a problem for me. The last couple of days though I seem to have had an outbreak almost all over my body. I can't seem to work out if it is because of the radiotherapy treatment, because of the oceans of water I am drinking or for some other reason. Tomorrow I meet the Oncologist for the first time so hopefully she can provide some answers.

Treatment number 9 of 25 tonight......that has gone quick! They know me by name now at the CCC reception so I just toddle on it with a little wave.

 

2 comments:

  1. It's really scary and we are so very lucky!! Maybe you can find another way of supporting Pauls cause locally - charity nights always seem to do well :) xx
    Ps - Should I be worried that they know you by name? I'm not sure they get many dark, handsome, young men in there very often xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha....dark maybe (except the odd grey creeping in) xx

    ReplyDelete