Monday 29 February 2016

One Day at a Time

Treatment number 18 of 25 tonight and its not going too bad. The affects of the radiotherapy have started to show more so over the last few days. The "sunburn" effect which I was expecting is here and it is becoming quite difficult to bend my knee without a bit of pain, the typical kind of pain which comes with the tightening of the skin with severe sunburn. The hospital keeps me well supplied with cream to lessen the effects, but I suppose that only works well if you remember to put it on twice a day, so yeah, you could say some of the pain is my own doing.

I feel like a broken record going on about my radiotherapy, but that is what my life is at the moment. Work, radiotherapy, sleep, repeat. Thank god I have Emma and Alfie at home to keep me sane. Well only 8 more to go, and then a scan to see what miracles it has worked. Hopefully shrunk it quite a bit to make my surgeons life a bit easier.

Wednesday 9th March cannot come quick enough now.

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for shrinkage! This time next week will be the penultimate session - whoop whoop xx

    ReplyDelete