Friday 19 February 2016

Half Way There (Nearly)

Tonight will be my 12th radiotherapy session of 25. I know its not technically halfway through, but is close enough for me to celebrate with a few beers tonight. It has become part of my daily routine now, and each session seems to get quicker. I now know how to position myself best for the nurses to line me in faster, because the first few sessions the lining in took longer than the actual treatment. There are always two nurses who issue the daily treatment, and the lining in of my body is usually accompanied by a series of measurements and angles read aloud so they can confirm all is good with each other. I am now very familiar with these numbers, its got to the point whereas they could read them to me and I could tell them if they are ready to go.

I really want a photograph of myself on the treatment table, but always feel too embarrassed to ask one of them to take a picture. Maybe I will get round to that sometime next week because it is something I would like to look back on in years to come.

Emma's bump is getting really big now, we can't wait to welcome little Arlo Thomas Lynch into the world in April. She is a strong woman, and although she doesn't let on, I cant imagine how hard things must be for her at the moment. Her body must be aching so much and general daily tasks must be 100 times harder than normal. I know Emma though, and she wouldn't change it for the world.

Alfie just continues to be happy. Although I have already left for work by the time he gets up, I know he gets excited by starting a brand new day. Everything is an adventure and his curiosity is simply amazing. That little man just loves life.

2 comments:

  1. Officially over half way through! Whoop whoop! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its going quick isn't it. Thanks for being there xx

      Delete