Tuesday 5 January 2016

Back to Work

So this is my first day back in work after the Christmas break. Its hard to settle back in knowing that on Thursday we have to go through the motions of confirming the cancer. The scans provided what seems to be enough evidence to indicate it is a malignant tumour, and I'm not expecting the biopsy results to determine anything different. It will however to be a relief to begin discussing the treatment route.

I feel like I shouldn't be in work, like I'm not much use to anyone, and knowing that I could be leaving any day to begin treatment just makes things feel pretty pointless. However, professional to the end I will continue the best I can, even if it is just to have everything in place to make life easier for my successor.

I'm self employed, I work for my own Civil Engineering company. Those who know me, will know what I am like worrying about money and not working.
 
Emma phoned earlier and little Alfie is feeling unwell and sick. Main priority at the moment is making sure the little spud gets well

I'm starting to think I might get into this blogging lark, I'm not one for sharing emotions too easily but by pressing a few keys on a laptop, seems to make it easier. Might also help pass a bit of time in the future whilst I am undoubtedly confined to a bed, or hopefully a sofa in front of the telly.


No comments:

Post a Comment