Tuesday 12 January 2016

Waiting Game

Either the Sarcoma is getting bigger, or the cold weather is making my leg more painful. Over the last couple of days the area on my inner thigh is starting to feel tighter, like someone has their hands wrapped around my leg and they are squeezing the life out of it. I am also starting to feel the cold foot more. I don't know if it has anything to do with the cancer, but when my leg has been bent for a while, it seems to be cutting off some blood flow. Straighten my leg and things feel normal again. Its not painful as such, I can just tell something is happening down there. I really cant wait to start this Radiotherapy.

I can't wear my jeans anymore. It is quite uncomfortable around the area, and to me the swelling looks obvious through the jeans. Maybe not to other people, but I can tell and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Over the last couple of weeks I have been wearing jogging bottoms. This is defiantly for comfort reasons rather than making a fashion statement. I hate the things to be honest, I look like a right scally at times, but comfort is the main priority. Maybe it is time, as Emma suggested, to invest in some combat trousers or something similar.

One of my main worries over the past couple of weeks has been of the financial kind. My current contract with this employer was coming to a close at the end of January, but the Project Manager has since told me he would like me to run another job for 6-8 weeks near Delamere. He is a good man. He wouldn't want to see me go through any financial hardship whilst undergoing Radiotherapy and has done his best to keep me going work wise. They also understand that I will be doing my daily trips to Clatterbridge Hospital sometime soon for my Radiotherapy treatment and have been very accommodating. They have no obligation at all to keep me here, but they are finding uses for me and are very understanding.

No update on the CT scan results as of yet, I will call Sarah (Sarcoma Nurse) tomorrow to see if there have been any developments. I also need to book to see the Oncologist to discuss the Radiation treatment, still not heard anything on that front.

I recently came across an article which tells of Sarah's recognition for her hard work. I feel blessed to have a good team working for me. Sarah Massey's Christmas Star Award



  




7 comments:

  1. Don't want to jinx us but hopefully no news is good news xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't want to jinx us but hopefully no news is good news xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just came across your blog. I'm sat in tears. I lost my dad to sarcoma in July 2015, I'm very sorry you are going through this at such a young age with a young family.
    I found not a lot of people wrote about there experiences with sarcoma, maybe because it's rarer
    I will be following your journey and praying for you.

    Lmy husband and I will be running and fundraising this year so I'm hoping to start my own blog about that

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Sarcoma is such a rare cancer and can happen to any of us at any time. I decided to write about my experience to share what I am going through with others affected by the cancer, and also to look back on and see where my head was at. Its great news about the fundraising, and when it is up and running please let me know I would like to make a donation somehow, I truly appreciate what you are doing to raise awareness. Also, send me a link for the blog when it is active I would like to keep upto date with your hard work.

    All the best

    Tom x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tom,

    I would advise investing in some loose fitting trousers/joggers/Pyjama bottoms. The after effects of RT can be a bit gunky as the process comes to an end. Hope this doesn't sound too graphic....lol
    Good luck
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tom,

    I would advise investing in some loose fitting trousers/joggers/Pyjama bottoms. The after effects of RT can be a bit gunky as the process comes to an end. Hope this doesn't sound too graphic....lol
    Good luck
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha sounds lovely Carol, Pyjama bottoms are really comfy. Time to change my wardrobe, or what I have of one :)

    ReplyDelete