Friday 8 January 2016

CT Scan


This morning brought with it the CT scan at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital. It was a scan of the Thorax, Abdomen and Pelvis area, just as a precautionary measure to make sure the Sarcoma hasn't gone on a little journey through my body.

I was impressed with the speed of service in the CT Scanning Department. My appointment was for 9.35 am, but I was seen as soon as I arrived at 9.00 am and was out of the hospital for 9.30am. Two hours before the scan I had to drink some Gastrograffin mixed with water to make the scan clearer. It was quite a struggle to hold it down to be honest I found that stuff disgusting.

So once into my gown, I was lay on the bed for the CT scanner and injected with some warm x-ray dye. The nurse wasn't kidding when she said it would make me feel like I was really hot and needing to pee. Such a weird sensation. The scan began and after holding my breath several times as the special piece of machinery told me to, it was over! 3 minutes on the scanner, then changed and back off to work.

Maybe a few beers tonight.....medicinal reasons of course.

Now the wait for these results.....always waiting for something :)




4 comments:

  1. Beers in the fridge awaiting your return :) Alfie and I are very proud of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read your blog to date Tom. You write so well. I don't have the exact same sarcoma as you....I have a fibromyxoid sarcoma...if it helps you at all I had my first 'lump' removed at the age of 19 (many years ago...now 55) in Liverpool actually! It was misdiagnosed....I lived 19 years before it reoccurred in the same site (shoulder)...in 1996...sadly it spread in 2006...and 2011...that said I am still here...kicking screaming and comparatively healthy! So there's hope...and life living with this blasted thing...chin up! X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee. Thank you for sharing your story I take so much heart from hearing what other people have been through to fight Sarcoma. I believe Liverpool is one of the best places to be when diagnosed with Sarcoma, and fortunately I am lucky enough to live close by. Thank you for your inspiration I really admire you for fighting and I wish you all the best. Tom x

      Delete