Thursday 21 January 2016

Blog Along



This morning I have got together a few blogs I have found really encouraging and useful over the last couple of months and I would like to share them with you. Firstly to raise a bit more awareness of Sarcoma and how it affects people in different ways, and secondly for people to take some encouragement from other people who are affected by this rare cancer. I have not got permission form these bloggers personally to share their blogs so I really hope they don't mind.

Darren Evans' Blog "Sarcoma and Me"

"Tumour Has It" by Beth

Andy's journey with Chondrosarcoma

My Journey with Lieomyosarcoma by Graham

Emma's Blog about her fight with Sarcoma

Darren's Cancer Journey

All very inspiring reads and excellent narratives detailing the ups and downs which we all experience on our own paths in life, and if you or a loved one has been affected by Sarcoma, they are well worth a read.

I now have an appointment at the Mould Centre, Clatterbridge Hospital for Monday morning to get my leg all moulded up. This will be the first step towards my 25 sessions of Radiotherapy. Its a relief to get moving again, and looking at the timeline set out, I would imagine I will be in for my operation to remove the cancer somewhere between the start and the middle of April. Coincidently, this is the time baby boy number 2 (still no name decided upon) is due for arrival, but Sarah Massey has said that things could be jiggled about to accommodate our situation which is great news. Maternity leave on crutches, should be interesting.

Event timings are weirdly panning out well, as if it had been decided beforehand. Still, things change very quickly and plans can change on a day-to-day basis. Take each day as it comes with a smile.



5 comments:

  1. Haha! How selfish are you needing an operation when I'm due a c-sec!! Who'll be looking after who? Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah great timing eh. Forced extended maternity leave will be good though, I missed out quite a bit last time. Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean paternity leave? Yeah you did miss lots of brand new Alfie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah duh.....paternity xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tom, love the blog. I've linked it on mine and thank you very much for linking mine!

    ReplyDelete