Thursday 7 January 2016

Positive News


Emma and I went to an appointment at the Linda McCartney Centre this morning at Royal Liverpool University Hospital to discuss the biopsy results with Mr Yin. So I have been diagnosed with Sarcoma, Myxoid Liposarcoma to be exact.

I cant believe how positive we are feeling after coming away from hearing confirmation of the cancer! The type of Sarcoma responds really well to Radiotherapy and being relevantly young and healthy things are really looking up. Treatment will start within the next couple of weeks which I am strangely looking forward to. Because the type of cancer responds well to the Radiotherapy that will be the first step. Shrink this thing and then whip it out. It was really reassuring to also hear that they do not expect the cancer to travel anywhere, but there is a CT scan booked for the morning to have a look so fingers crossed.

I also feel confident that the team at the hospital know exactly what they are doing, Sarah the Sarcoma nurse is lovely (she told me a few drinks would do me no harm).

On the whole, feeling extremely happy, happiest I have felt for weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment