Tuesday 19 January 2016

Waiting (again)

So here we are waiting around again. I was expecting a call from Clatterbridge Hospital yesterday to confirm an appointment for the pre-Radiotherapy treatment but still no contact. Sarah the Sarcoma Nurse has been chasing them up so I hope to hear from them today (I know I wouldn't want the mad Irish lady on my back haha). It's easier waiting for these things when I know I have an appointment booked, but to not know when I will be seen next, is quite frustrating. I have no concerns in relation to the actual cancer, I just want it out.

Everyday brings with it thoughts of the future, how long will I be unable to move properly after the operation? Will I ever be able to move my leg properly? Will it have an impact on my work? There are so many questions that can only be answered on a day by day basis.

2016 is going to be a year packed with emotions and big life changing events. I really don't know how Emma puts up with me, there is so much to think about, the size of the house for one. We are expecting little boy number 2 in April which is such a blessing, I just really hope I am going to be able enough to help out as much as I can. I wish I could explain to little Alfie why Daddy can only sit on the floor for 5 minutes at a time before leg problems kick in, he loves his train sets and cars so much. The little monster also knows the right places to dig his elbows into to make Daddy squirm.

There are so many informative sarcoma blogs out there, every case a different type, a different location on the body, and I am going to post a list of them on my next post. So many brave people sharing their experiences of such a rare cancer. 




Update: Appointment now booked for Monday morning at the Mold Room, Clatterbridge Hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment